Citizen Welfare Council
Khuhra District Khairpur, Sindh
Ansprechpartner: Aziz A. Jafri
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
Citizen Welfare Council (CWC) is a non governmental, voluntary organization working towards community development, by focusing on alleviation of human sufferings, since 1996. It was envisaged by a team of very dedicated volunteers including highly qualified educationists, agriculturists, sociologists, students and medical professionals, who desired to offer their free time and service for enhancement of the society on regular basis. The organization is registered with Social Welfare Department, Government of Sindh Pakistan. Its mission is to implement and promote educational, welfare, and benevolent projects in economically depressed areas of District Khairpur Sindh, through providing relief and service to those in abject poverty by giving education and health care. The principal objectives are:
- to play an effective role by making community education (primary/adult literacy education) a part of bigger welfare oriented program;
- to equip illiterate females with necessary attitudes and skills to make them economically productive members of the society;
- to raise awareness regarding the needs and legal rights of women/children and to support individuals and organizations working to protect their rights;
- to design activities for young and old to participate effectively in the socio-economic development of the community through launching a number of programs aiming at vocational and skill training, while inculcating a sense of "self-help" in the peoples;
- to provide medical facilities via dispensaries, mobile health system, and impart latest development and methods of basic community health/family welfare education to the people in order to fight back diseases, eradicate epidemics and maintain child mortality;
- to create awareness by developing knowledge, skills and attitudes leading to protection and improvement of the environment, and contribute to find effective solutions regarding solid waste management, recycling processes, sanitation problems etc.;
- to cooperate and maintain a communication system with foreign sources for mutual exchange of knowledge and resources as well as for obtaining ready information on Global changes/developments.
Mr. Aziz A. Jafri is the president of the organization.
We can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, deliver a lecture, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.