To Be Worldwide
1016 CJ Amsterdam
Ansprechpartner: Kirschner-Timmer, Nellie
- Hilfe für Entwicklungsländer
To Be World Wide is a Dutch non-profit/non-government organisation. It currently operates in Ghana as an initial focus area for activities. Its mission is to develop sustainable educational facilities that are complementary to the existing Ghanaian primary school system. These facilities are designed to stimulate skills such as creativity, inventiveness and flexibility, all skills not initially addressed by the regular curriculum of the primary school system. To Be Worldwide feels that the development of these skills will eventually provide better chances for the children involved in life as well as on the labour market in the future.
Eventually the organization hopes its vision will contribute to the overall Poverty Reduction Strategy of the Ghanaian Government, which specifically states that in order to develop a healthier, better educated and more productive population it is necessary to: Increase investments in Human Resources, through improving the quality and access to education, health services, nutrition, water and sanitation.
- Goal: development of libraries/educational centres and learning methods.
- Target group: primarily: children (free of charge/within school hours), secondly: anyone who wants to learn (at a reasonable fee, after school hours).
- Learning material: books and learning modules - incorporating Ghanaian as well as (African)-American and European examples, where necessary supported by audio visual aids and computers.
- Focus: reading and writing skills and general knowledge with a special focus on personal development , creativity, inventiveness and flexibility.
- Extra attention for developing computer skills (10 to 12 years old). This includes developing basic, technical skills, working with software and working with the Internet.
The centres are set-up for multi functional purposes. They can also be used for other activities, such as Aids prevention, health and nutritional projects etc as required by the community it serves.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, deliver a lecture, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.