Santa Martha Foundation
Parcela Nº H-6, Unidad Catastral Nº12032, Predio Picapiedra
Distrito de Pachacamac, Lima
Ansprechpartner: Tom Reiss
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Antirassismus, Integrationspolitik
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Santa Martha Foundation is a registered non-profit organization, founded with the sole purpose of serving the needy children in Peru, by giving them education, protection, love, and moral and spiritual formation.
Our objective is to dedicate this exceptional work to children who have been physically and emotionally abandoned without discrimination of age or sex.
Santa Martha Foundation has constructed a three-storey high building with the name "Villa Martha - Home for children" over an area of approximately 3,000 m2. This contains the basic facilities to accommodate the children we currently shelter as well as the necessary facilities to run the Home.
• The children arrive to us after having been channeled through the pertinent legal organizations and once in Villa Martha they remain under our guardianship where they receive an integral, Christian education based on sound moral principles.
• Our aim is to transform these destitute children into responsible citizens who are capable of managing the challenges of real life once they leave the Home.
• As far as possible, these children will work on a self-sustainment basis: working in the fields, breeding animals and working in the specific workshops we offer. By doing this, they will learn how to harvest their own crops, how to dress themselves and through this way of life, live a healthy and dignified life without need for begging.
• The children receive basic school education which is complemented by technical trades.
• Those who demonstrate outstanding capabilities or clear vocations shall be guided and encouraged to pursue university careers or religious training.
• Our Foundation will grant the children all the tools necessary to satisfy their work/occupational requirements.
• Social work
• Spiritual formation
• Family integration
Luiz Antonio Reiss is the Subdirector of the Santa Martha Foundation.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.