Fair River International Association for Development (FARIAD)
P.O. Box OS 2369
Ansprechpartner: Agbeko, Joseph M.
- Frauenpolitik/feministisches Projekt
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Fair River International Association for Development - (FARIAD) is an indigenous, private, voluntary, non-profit, non-governmental organisation (NGO), founded in 1998 and legally incorporated in May 2002 as an NGO to undertake a wide range of social and economic development activities aimed at alleviating hardship and vulnerability among marginalized and disadvantaged groups, in the areas of concern towards a positive emancipation. FARIAD is a member of Ghana Association of Private Voluntary Organisations in Development (GAPVOD), Ghana HIV/AIDS Network (GHANET), and other reputable and well-coordinated networks. Its vision is to be an innovative, accessible and nationally and internationally recognized organisation committed to achieving the expectations of those it served. FARIAD's mission is:
- to undertake development projects for the relief of poverty and economic distress among the marginalized in the society, especially rural and peri-urban communities in Ghana,
- to create employment avenues for the unemployed youth and impoverished women through human resource capacity building, in technical, vocational and financial management activities,
- to raise environmental conservation, public health awareness and consciousness of the target beneficiaries.
- to explore and tap the many unutilized talents in the communities in the country and train them to acquire skills,
- to foster unity among Ghanaians in general,
- to organize and bring all the people and farmers in the communities together to form co-operatives for vegetable and livestock production, and for other development skills,
- to reduce the drift to the towns by establishment of community projects,
- recognition and upgrading of women in Microenterpreneurship,
- to advocate on the issues affecting women,
- to undertake population and reproductive health services.
For other net participants we can procure an expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.