ENAR European Network Against Racism
67 Rue Ducale, 5th Floor
Ansprechpartner: Georgina Siklossy
- Antirassismus, Integrationspolitik
The European Network Against Racism (ENAR), established in 1998, is a network of European NGOs working to combat racism in all EU member states and represents more than 700 european NGOs. ENAR is determined to fight racism, racial discrimination, xenophobia and related intolerance, to promote equality of treatment between European Union citizens and third country nationals, and to link local/regional/national initiatives with European Union initiatives.
ENAR’s vision is of a Europe free of racism and related intolerance, where each individual has equal opportunities in society. ENAR believes that the coordinated cooperation of NGOs can contribute significantly to the fight against ethnic and religious discrimination.
ENAR’s mission is to foster a collective civil society voice and to influence decision-making in the European Union in order to:
• Redress the negative consequences of discrimination based on colour, ethnicity, national origin, nationality, religion, culture or legal status.
• Promote diversity and create the conditions for equal participation in a community characterised by a plurality of values.
• Ensure that anti-racism, equality and diversity are mainstreamed across all sectors of European Union public policies.
At European level, we aim to:
• Act as the voice of the anti-racist movement and formulate positions on EU policies related to anti-racism and anti-discrimination.
• Develop policy papers and recommendations in relation to EU legislation or initiatives.
• Undertake collective lobbying actions.
• Establish advocacy coalitions and partnerships with other European networks and organisations.
At national level, we aim to:
• Bring our member organisations together to share and exchange ideas, experience and best practice.
• Inform our member organisations about EU policy developments.
• Encourage dialogue between civil society and the EU member states concerning the European political agenda related to anti-racism and anti-discrimination and its effects at national level.
• Reinforce the capacity of ENAR members to deliver national policy objectives.
Georgina Siklossy is the Communication and Press Officer of ENAR.
On request we can offer other net participants expert information/opinion and contacts in the area of anti-racism, anti-discrimination and migration.