Volunteer Nepal National Group
P.B.N. 10210 KTM
Ansprechpartner: Anish Neupane
- Gemeinschaft, Gemeindeprojekt
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
Volunteer Nepal National Group is a community-based, non-profit organization without any political or religious affiliation. It aims to improve the quality of life for poor people in its countries by improving access to healthcare, education, food, shelter etc through development projects, think tank efforts and dialogue facilitation.
Volunteer Nepal partners with organizations to support community leaders and youth workers in community building, rural development and sustainability efforts. Its model, which forms the basis for much of its work, is an adaptable approach to community building in which youth and adults work as partners to examine community resources, develop a community vision and take action to create meaningful change. It co-ordinates local and international work camps with community groups or institutions in need of voluntary labor or service to empower community self-help initiatives.
Its objective is to co-ordinate socio-cultural interaction between people of diverse background by creating opportunities for both local and international volunteers to exchange their experience and skills. Volunteer Nepal is also running different volunteer programs in Nepal. It offers year round volunteer programs in the areas of teaching English, orphanage, internship in medical and newspaper, conservation work, conduct short term training, conference, workshop, other community development programs etc.
Project/Programs for the community development:
- create new job opportunities by training change-agents for integrated rural development,
- promote consultancy, research and development in technical and social fields,
- diffusion of innovations, education, motivation and awareness through mass communication,
- non formal education for women and old people,
- water supply health & sanitation program,
- support for school building and other infrastructure development,
- provide scholarship for children (who are orphans, disabled, lower caste, poor),
- promote job-orientated education and primary healthcare,
- youth development, leadership development, etc.
Anish Neupane is the director of the Volunteer Nepal National Group.
For other net participants we can procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.