PO Box: 12207
Ansprechpartner: Niru Gurung
Established in 2000 ForestAction Nepal is a widely recognized Nepali NGO working in the field of environmental governance and livelihoods.
ForestAction works at different levels, and has developed extensive working linkages with local grassroots organizations, resource users’ federations, civil society organizations, policy communities and international research networks.
ForestAction is a well recognized think tank in the national policy processes related to climate change, community foresty, decentralization and local governance, livelihoods and environmental policy.
Policy, institutional and technical innovations to promote equitable, sustainable and effective management of natural resources
To influence public policy process and empower forest and natural resource dependent communities particularly the poor, marginalized and vulnerable groups in taking control and playing active role in forest and natural resources management and drawing sustained flow of livelihoods benefits.
• Natural resource management, sustainable agriculture and livelihoods
• Local governance, tenure reform and community autonomy
• Climate change and environmental services
• Inclusive governance and deliberative policy processes
• Social learning and innovation systems
Services and activities
• Training and Capacity building
• Policy Development Support
• Partnership and Networking
• Documentation and Publication
• Project Design, Management and Evaluation
• Knowledge Management
• International Trainings
• Policy and Action Oriented Research
• Demand-based Consultancies
Niru Gurung is a Research Officer of ForestAction Nepal.
For other net participants we can give an expert opinion of our work.