Mmanze Centre for Rural Development and Training (MACERUDET)
PO Box 32177, Mmanze Village Masulita Subcounty, Wakiso District
Ansprechpartner: Mulindwa William
+256708317921; +256 752 827931
- Gemeinschaft, Gemeindeprojekt
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Mmanze Centre For Rural Development And Training is a Community based organization that was established way back in 1987 by the community members to contribute towards the rehabilitation,reconstruction and the development of our area through implementing sustainable community based development programs and activities.The organization does not have established paid staff but utilizes the services of volunteers both online and onsite.The organization is interested in getting potential people that maybe willing to work with us to identify and mobilize potential people that maybe willing to support our socially and economically needy children and orphans towards their education.Each needy child needs about 300$ every year to cater for tuition,medical care, School lunch, scholastic materials like books and pens, school bags and shoes,school uniform and other schools requirements.We also need potential people that maybe willing to work with us as online and onsite volunteers.
The Mmanze Centre for Rural Development & Training (MACERUDET) is a local NGO located in Uganda. It is a community-based organization mainly developing and managing self-help community projects in all the welfare works related fields.
To work with rural communities to alleviate poverty, ignorance, disease & illiteracy through implementing sustainable community based development programs.
• Rural Community Development via Priority Programs & Projects.
• National & International Awareness Creation of Rural Communities in Uganda.
• International Exchanges, Collaborations & Partnerships to Facilitate Community Empowerment (i.e. onsite & offsite local & international volunteers & voluntary organizations contributing to community education, health care, infrastructure & other development activities.)
The organization has the following priority programs:
• Child sponsorship towards the education of our socially and economically needy children and orphans.
• Infrastructure Development aiming at constructing facilities like classrooms,teachers staff quarters, medical staff quarters, students dormitories, children’s and women’s wards at our health unit to mention but a few.
• Water ,Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) aimed at providing safe clean nearby water to our communities.
• Community capacity building through provision of vocational skills that may assist the communities to become productive and self reliant especially the youth and women.
• Education:The organization works with different schools in the area ranging from kindergarten, primary and secondary to enable students get access and retention of quality basic education at different levels.Our main role is to work as a mouth piece for the socially and economically needy children and orphans towards their education by identifying and mobilizing potential people that maybe willing to support these children towards their education.This is done through our child sponsorship program.The program aims at providing tuition, medical care,School lunch, scholastic materials like books and pens, school bags and shoes, school uniform and other schools requirements.We also mobilize potential people that maybe willing to support these children to get basic needs like clothes,blankets and bedsheets.At the centre we conduct trainings for the parents/guardians of the needy students. We train the parents in sustainable agriculture with emphasis put to organic farming, community based health care, rural savings and credit, home environmental sanitation small scale business.
• Primary Health Care.We work with the local health unit in the area called Busaawa Mmanze Health Centre III.This is a community health project rendering services to the population in terms of health. The project was established by the community members in 1994 to provide nearby basic health services to the community of about 5000 people. The Centre intends to renovate and expand its premises to accommodate more patients who are poor and suffering. We are currently offering medical services under the following programs: Out Patients; In Patients; HIV/Aids Counselling and Testing; Maternity and Antenatal Services; Outreach Programs; Post Natal Services,Immunization against the killer diseases like measles,hepatitis.
.WASH PROGRAM.This is mainly about providing safe clean nearby water and improved home environmental sanitation.We construct rain water harvesting tanks and pit latrines at schools and health units.we also hold good sanitation training to the schools and communities.
.VOLUNTEER SUPPORT STAFF PROGRAM.
The organization has no established support staff.We utilize the services of volunteers both online and onsite to implement our priority programs.We recruit volunteers all the year round ranging from kindergarten,primary and secondary school teachers.We also need sports trainers,computer trainers,music, dance and drama trainers,art and craft trainers.Still,we need construction volunteers to work with our local builders to construct different infrastructure in the community.We are also interested in organizing missions for medical health at our local Centre to treat our people.
Mulindwa William is the Executive Director of Mmanze Centre for Rural Development and Training (MACERUDET).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.