Morning Bird Social Welfare Organization
Subid Bazar, Reaz Mansion
Ansprechpartner: Rahman Dr., Moklesur
- Gemeinschaft, Gemeindeprojekt
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
Morning Bird Social Welfare Organization was established in 1977 by group of social workers including doctors, teachers, activists, journalists and youth workers, community leader and people from civil society. MBSWO is a multi-purpose non-political, non-profit welfare organization to help change socio-economic conditions of the common people with special importance given to poor women, men, children of the rural and urban people. The motto of the organization is "Divine and Humanitarian Service". Aims and objectives are:
- health service to under privileged people of the society at home and abroad,
- school health service for the under privileged school children who are the future to the nation,
- training and employment of the youth in primary health care and technical/vocational education,
- prevention, treatment, rehabilitation of drug/substance abuser,
- detection of child labor and movement against child labor and their education, health service,
- relief and rehabilitation of victims of war and natural calamities such as flood, earth quake, river erosion,
- prevention of environmental pollution, access to clean water and sanitation,
- income generating projects by setting up dairy, fishery, poultry, nursery and plantation in abandoned forest land and thus provide employment opportunities to unemployed youth and give direct economic back up for nation, and help protection of the environment,
- protect and assist the minority and indigenous people's rights and welfare,
- prevention of child and women trafficking.
A new pre-diabetes & diabetes screening poject is the HOLYSIDE DIABETES POINT. It is now an established fact to medical professional & health services provider related to public health & diabetes that diabetes is a silent killer of human being. WHO says one person is dying in every 10 second world wide with diabetes & which is same as with the death of HIV/ AIDS. MBSWO has taken a 3 years programme to screen out about one million people to detect pre-diabetes/diabetes persons & to take specific action, plan to prevent, delay and treat the rising tide of diabetes in Bangladesh.
Dr. Moklesur Rahman, is the founder president of the organization and currently the Chief Executive. He is professionally a physician having special interest in mental health.
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities. Further we can establish new contacts in the field of our work.