SOS Jeunesse et Enfance en Détresse (SOS JED)
P.O. Box 3364 Bujumbura, Burundi
Kazimia, Fizi territory, South Kivu Province
Ansprechpartner: Abangala Willondja
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
SOS Jeunesse et Enfance en Détresse (SOS JED) is a not for profit organization that seek to address children challenges and youth concerns in order to improve the physical, emotional and socio-economic potentials hidden within themselves. SOS JED was formed in 1989 to fight for the rights of children and youth in difficulty, such as being orphans, handicapped, out of school, or without job skills.
Our organization is based in Kazimia, in Fizi territory within South Kivu Province in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
Our areas of intervention include:
• Physical and mental health,
• Education / training and awareness,
• Human rights,
• Protection of the environment and food safety
• Training and education,
• Health Services and Information,
• Supporting youth self-help groups,
• Fighting child and maternal malnutrition,
• Fight against malnutrition and sexually transmitted diseases,
• HIV/AIDS campaigns,
• Childcare with a programme to assist war orphans,
• Defense and information of children rights,
• Establish a center of rehabilitation and socio-economic reintegration of children with disabilities,
• Organize public awareness campaigns on non-violence and the culture of peace,
• Reunification of children separated from their parents by wars,
Abangala Willondja is the General Secretary of SOS Jeunesse et Enfance en Détresse (SOS JED).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.