Namibian NGO Forum Trust (NANGOF Trust)
P.O. Box 70433 Khomasdal; 24 Mozart Street
Ansprechpartner: Ivin Lombardt
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
The Namibian NGO Forum Trust (NANGOF Trust), founded in 2007, is an umbrella organization of Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) constituted by Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), Community-Based Organizations (CBOs), and Faith-Based Organizations (FBOs) in Namibia.
NANGOF Trust exists to create with and through its members an enabling environment for CSOs with an emphasis on democracy, poverty eradication and human rights promotion by:
• Advocating and lobbying for a conducive legal framework;
• Facilitating access to funding;
• Facilitating capacity building, and enhancing service delivery;
• Managing and coordinating information generation and sharing;
• Building and strengthening stakeholder relations and strategic partnerships.
NANGOF has 3 key goals:
• Advocacy - NANGOF aims to facilitate the development of policy formulation with increased participation of Civil Society. It aims to co-ordinate the efforts of NGOs to ensure that the development needs of the poor and marginalized are addressed
• Networking and Information - NANGOF aims to provide a platform for wide interaction and experience sharing among member NGOs, civil society actors and international development agencies. NANGOF aims to further promote greater collaboration with NGO networks internationally, within the Southern African Region in particular
• Capacity Building Programmes - NANGOF aims to co-ordinate the combined resources of its membership to facilitate the strengthening of NGOs in order to ensure delivery of development services to their constituencies and thus contribute to the effectiveness of Namibian Civil Society. Where relevant and on behalf its members it undertakes actions and activities that collectively assist in the development of Namibian Civil Society.
Ivin Lombardt is the Chief Executive Officer of NANGOF Trust.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.