Husika-Afrika formerly The Urban Hope Project
P.O. Box 40539 00100; Kenyatta Avenue, Ngong Road
Ansprechpartner: Moses Oduor (Bantu Moses)
+254(0)712944500; +254 738 450 920
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Husika-Afrika formerly The Urban Hope Project (K), founded in 2010, is a non-profit charitable Christian youth organization in Kenya registered as an NGO that aims to involve youth and women in active community participation through empowerment programs, leadership, governance, advocacy, health and social entreprises. It´s also Kenya´s effective support and advocacy organization for youth health and civic education.
The main purpose of the organization is to develop socio-economic empowerment through education and spiritual development through mentorship. We therefore run programmes, carry out events, and provide solutions to youth issues in the most fun and appropriate ways while at the same time instilling the correct values for societal transformation.
We work through our members to promote social justice; access to quality life and equal opportunities.
Concerned majority; Informed communities; Transformed societies.
We have a range of programs and initiatives touching on youth development:
• Talent nurturing,
• Homeless Children Reintegration,
• Drugs and Substance Prevention and Sensitization,
• Rural Youth Development Programs,
• Adolescent and Youth Sexual Reproductive Health and Right (SRHR),
• Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) etc.
• Nairobi County - Street Hope Programme: We partner with children´s homes to provide shelter for street children whose cases we find genuine through our vigorous interrogation and research. We also partner with National Authority for the campaign Against Alcohol and Drug Abuse (NACADA), to inform the youth about the dangers of alcohol and drug abuse; and offer alternatives toidleness which normally leads to hopelessness and drug and substance abuse.
• Turkana County - Lokichar Community: We have partnered with the community of Lokichar and the You Did It For Me Team; to equip a primary school with library, books and feeding programme. We also provide the community with clothes and medical care through our regular medical camps in partnership with medical practitioners and pharmacies in Nairobi and Turkana.
• Siaya County - Lukongo Community: We are partnering with the community of Lukongo in Ugenya constituency to equip a primary school with library, books and other basic educational needs.
We also have a strong Volunteer Placement Program and Volunteer Tourism, among other things.
Moses Oduor (Bantu Moses) is the Founder and Executive Director of Husika-Afrika formerly The Urban Hope Project.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.