Project 90 x 2030
cut carbon - dare to change
PO Box 24076, Claremont
7735 Cape Town
Ansprechpartner: Olivia Andrews
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Project 90 by 2030 was established as a national project of the Goedgedacht Trust in July 2007. The project's main purpose is to challenge South Africans to change the way they live and the way that they relate to the environment. We focus particularly on lifestyle change that can be measured through carbon footprint reduction.
Project 90 by 2030 is working to get South Africans to significantly change the way they live by the year 2030. What does our name mean? Industrialised nations needed to reduce their carbon emissions by 90% by 2030
Our vision is that South Africans from all sectors of society doing their bit to preserve the environment, committed to changing the way they live by 90% by the year 2030.
Our mission is to mobilise South Africans to reduce their impact on climate change by:
• daring to change the way they think and act
• cutting carbon and treading more lightly, responsibly and consciously on the earth
• lobbying law-makers, policy-makers and government officials to ensure that South Africa’s greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions are dramatically reduced.
• Mitigation: Challenging all South Africans to live more consciously and ‘do their bit’ by voluntarily reducing their carbon emissions.
• Adaptation: Working with communities to enhance self-reliance and build climate resilience.
• Awareness-raising and advocacy: Providing practical information on how we can all use energy and water more efficiently. Participating in national policy development, providing information to our subscribers so that they can lobby for change to existing laws and policies governing the use of natural resources. We focus on initiatives to support energy efficiency and policies that can boost domestic renewable energy supply and security of water supply.
Olivia Andrews is the Operations Coordinator of Project 90 x 2030.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.