Children´s Dignity Forum (CDF)
Quest for children´s dignity first
P.O.Box 65413, Plot No. 161/162, Mama Ngoma House, Mwenge Area
Dar es Salaam
Ansprechpartner: Koshuma Mtengeti
- Frauenpolitik/feministisches Projekt
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
The Children´s Dignity Forum (CDF) is a voluntary, private, non-governmental, non-partisan and non-profit-making Civil Society children´s rights organization based in Dar es Salaam as its head quarters, founded and registered in 2006.
CDF is a not-for-profit organization that works to promote and reinforce rights of vulnerable children particularly girls by placing children´s legal and human rights on the public agenda; creating working forum to empower children, families and the society in general, and developing capacity and skills to address harmful traditional practices.
Overall aim is to promote respect and observance of human rights of children in Tanzania.
• Raising awareness to the public on child rights violations, particularly child marriage and Female Genital Mutilation.
• Influencing laws, policies and decision making with regards to the promotion and protection of children rights.
• To empower children, particularly vulnerable girls know their rights and access information, entitlement and rights.
CDF Major Programs:
• Mobilizing Action to Safeguard Rights of Girls in Tanzania
• Strengthening of the Tanzania Ending Child Marriage Networks
• Enhance Child Participation and Protection in Tanzania
• Men Engagement for Gender Equality
• Campaigns: This involves both sensitization and awareness raising campaigns
• Service Provision: Income Generating Activities; Referral; Counseling
• Lobbying and Advocacy: East Africa Child marriage conference; Girls Summit; Launch of the National Child Marriage Free zone
• Media advocacy through radio and TV
• Community Engagement
• Research and Best Practices
• Girls Clubs/Networks and Children Councils
• Capacity Development and Empowerment Trainings: Sexual reproductive health trainings; Life skills training; Nutrition and child development training; Legal and paralegal training; HIV/AIDS training
Koshuma Mtengeti is the Executive Director of the Children´s Dignity Forum (CDF).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.