Green Map System
PO Box 249
New York NY 10002-0249
Ansprechpartner: Wendy Brawer
- Gemeinschaft, Gemeindeprojekt
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Utilizing community mapmaking as its call to action, Green Map System is fueled by a remarkably diverse movement of local mapmakers who research, chart and promote their communities´ green living resources as well as its ecological, cultural and social sites. Addressing challenges and strengthening networks in more than 800 cities in 65 countries, this award-winning New York-based nonprofit provides an acclaimed universal iconography and adaptable toolkits for printed, interactive, mobile and mural Green Maps. Utilized by activists, agencies, NGOs, universities and youth groups, hundreds of published Green Maps are guiding millions to make climate-smart everyday decisions that promote the uniqueness of home and protect the natural environment we share.
Green Map System supports inclusive participation in sustainable community development worldwide, using mapmaking as its medium.
Working collaboratively since 1995, this nonprofit expands the demand for healthier, more vibrant communities with adaptable mapmaking tools and universal icons, multi-lingual participatory websites, workshops and regional hubs. Transforming local information into global interaction, the interactive Open Green Map platform invites the public to enhance the maps as well as explore them. Building leadership, networks and skills, Green Map teams have extended their impacts with sustainability initiatives that address directly challenges to community well-being.
Green Map System
• creates adaptable map-making processes, accessible tools and universal icons that allow local Green Map teams to identify and share information about the green living sites and natural, cultural and social resources in their communities
• helps local teams to gain valuable skills in collaborative decision-making, project management, community organizing and communications as part of their map-making process
• promotes international collaboration with a global network of Mapmakers who share ideas and contribute valuable insights for the Green Map movement from a variety of cultural perspectives
• provides educational programs, events, print and multimedia resources, interactive web and mobile platforms, all to support professional, institutional, youth and grassroots project leaders in highlighting the emerging green economy, celebrating the uniqueness of home and protecting biodiversity
Wendy E. Brawer is the Founding Director of the Green Map System.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of sustainability, community engagement, network & related infrastructure development. Our resources could be useful to your community, and help guide the way to a more sustainable and healthy future.