#170, Sai Kranthi, Flat-103, Panduranga Nagar, 6th Main, Off Bannerghattha Road
560076 Bengaluru, Karnataka
Ansprechpartner: Seema Diwan
- Frauenpolitik/feministisches Projekt
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Talaash Association- is a national charitable organization and has been contributing to the protection of women and children rights across India. It's founded in 2013 and register under Societies Registration Act 1860.
The organization´s vision and missions are that its pledge bound to work relentlessly towards establishing a society where every child and woman can live with dignity and their human rights are respected.
TALAASH works to support, share the pain of & address the need of every child & woman and be the voice for changing survivors´ life through advocacy, prevention, protection and integration rights-based approach.
The organization focus on combating trafficking in persons, on abolishing child labor, on eliminating all forms of violence against women while contributing in the arena of women empowerment and to emergency response.
Its multifaceted efforts are steps taken down a road to eliminate all forms of violence against women and children, for their well-being and development.
The organizational core activities are run through 5 components:
• Women and Child Protection: Establishing and upholding rights of women & children, take initiatives on identifying facilities, rescue/release from various confinements, repatriation and rehabilitation for survivors of all forms of violence against women & children. Providing legal aid, psychosocial counseling and capacity building programs, ensure basic education, nutrition and prevention of diseases.
• Advocacy, Research & Communication: Initiates research on various issues related to women and children i.e discrimination, harassment, sexual violence, rape, human trafficking and child labor. Creates and maintains different network and coalition on different issues at home and internationally. Advocacy and lobbying from grass root level to policy makers level through meetings, workshop, IEC material and media both press & electronic. Sensitize to media persons and disseminate relevant information for creating mass awareness on the issue of violence against women and children. Observing and celebrating the especial days in relates women and children to support survivors and rising voice the civic society.
• Emergency Response: Responds to natural disasters, complex emergencies and to the special needs of children in crisis, helping and supporting them for resettlement and development.
• Training & Skill Development: Conducts training, workshop, dialogue for law enforcement agencies, state officials, NGOs officials, religious and community leaders, civil society on issues relating to all forms of violence against women and children. Carry out skill development programs, educate and empower survivors´ for resettlement and to merge them into mainstreaming society.
• Resettlement: Provide livelihood support, linkage to education, vocational training and job placement, formation community based network, care community for the sustainable reintegration and rehabilitation
Seema Diwan is the Founder and President of TALAASH Association. She welcomes to the volunteers and contributors from all around the world.
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities. Also we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work. We have community Development Management (CDM) through enhancing, enriching professionalism of multilevel stakeholders involved in ensuring child & women protection.