Unity-and-Diversity World Council
P.O. Box 661401
CA 90066-9201 Los Angeles
Ansprechpartner: Stewart, Leland P.
- Spirituelle Organisation
The Unity-and-Diversity World Council is a nonprofit, tax-exempt California corporation. It was originally formed to develop the ideals and activities undertaken during International Cooperation Year 1965, which was voted into being by the General Assembly of the United Nations. The goal of the U.N. in establishing that year was to encourage a maximum of cooperation among non-governmental organizations.
The Purpose of the UDC is to establish and sustain a worldwide coordinating body of individuals, groups, and networks - to foster the emergence of a new person and civilization based on the dynamic integration of diversity among all peoples and all life.
- To realize our connection to the Source of All Life and to all life forms.
- To facilitate personal and social transformation and cooperative activities for global peace and justice.
- To create an international vehicle for economic cooperation.
- To study and take action on different issues, as well as making recommendations for needed action to institutions around the world.
- To support the United Nations and its efforts in behalf of global community.
The methods we use are based upon our search for universal moral and spiritual principles. We welcome the coming together of all ethnicities, cultures and religions into a unity-and-diversity type of community both locally and around the world. We also use the wisdom gained through the work of Mahatma Gandhi and Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. in terms of how to achieve loving and truthful social change in a timely manner.
Leland P. Stewart is the Founder/Central Coordinator of the UDC.
For other net participants we can offer expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, deliver a lecture, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.