Putting the Last, First.
PO Box 910729
Ansprechpartner: Tim Barger
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Questscope was establish in Jordan in 1990 and is an innovative organization that works with individuals, communities, local organizations and international partners to produce social, educational, and entrepreneurial opportunities for marginalized youth.
Questscope is dedicated to transforming the future of vulnerable youth and communities in the Middle East – by equipping them with the resources and hope they need to become compassionate and productive citizens.
By facilitating the collaboration between individuals, communities, local and national organizations, and policy makers, Questscope has helped create innovative programs that provide second-chance alternatives for school drop-outs, working kids, juvenile offenders and low-income young women. Questscope provides access to alternative education, encouragement through mentoring, opportunities for vocational training, works together with community partners, advocates for restorative justice, and fosters spiritual formation.
• Putting the Last, First.
• Doing what works.
• Starting from the ground up.
• Collaborative ownership.
Our work focuses on empowering individuals and communities through partnerships and mutual learning.
• Education: Questscope´s Non-Formal Education (NFE) program was designed in collaboration with Jordan´s Ministry of Education in order to help the estimated 100,000 young people who have dropped out of school. After dropping out, children are unable to rejoin the formal system and miss their chance at a college education or vocational opportunities. The NFE program is uniquely designed to meet the specific needs of not only each student, but also each community in order to help them grow together.
• Mentoring: Questscope´s role-based mentoring program empowers marginalized youth. The underlying approach is a pro-social community development model, where focus is placed on individual transformation through individual, community, and institutional support.
• Capacity Building: The success and effectiveness of Questscope is directly linked to the success of partnering organizations. Questscope serves these partners by helping build their institutional capacity. This relationship creates more sustainable and effective impact for the organization as well as the thousands of individuals it serves. To enable partnering organizations´ success Questscope focuses on several areas:
• Advocacy: Questscope´s role at a policy level is to advocate for disadvantaged youth. Advocacy serves to prevent future marginalization and ensure that those who have fallen through the cracks receive assistance and opportunities to reintegrate into their society. Advocacy also provides accountability to ensure that programs are being implemented effectively, institutions are fulfilling their roles, and disadvantaged youth are the primary beneficiaries.
Tim Barger is the Executive Assistant to the International Director of Questscope for Social Development in the Middle East.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.