Shauri Yako Community Youth Support Centre (SYSC)
Shauri Yako, Po Box 87
Ansprechpartner: Mwai, Joseph
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
Shauri Yako Community Youth Support Centre (SYSC) is a community based organization based in Nyeri, Kenya, founded in 1996 and registered in 2000 under Ministry of Home Affairs, Heritage and Sports.
SYSC mandate is to address children protection and youth development needs, working in line with the United Nations global poverty alleviation efforts. SYSC provides support services for marginalized children, youth, striving to meet their increasing and complex development needs. Also intervening for women and families at risk to ensure that children are not forced into street life.
SYSC mission is to promote children rights, provide support for vulnerable children, youth and families in poverty, so that youth can grow in good health and become productive members of their communities.
The following is a full list of its programs:
- children protection (children feeding and school enrollment),
- youth development ( counselling, sports, leaderships training),
- youth drop in Centre (provides food, first aid and counselling and clothing),
- HIV/AIDS awareness education, reproductive health education and support of HIV/AIDS orphans integrating them in the community,
- community support services (food sharing and rain-water harvesting program),
- environment protection education .
SYSC is seeking for partners and to building network with organisations working in community development.
Joseph Mwai is the Programs and Development Coordinator.
For other net participants we can deliver a lecture and establish new contacts in the following fields: community development, child rights and environment protection. Further we can share experiences, best practices and provide network support for participants.