Environment Support Group (ESG)
S-3, Rajashree Apts., 18/57, 1st Main, SRK Gardens, Bannerghatta Road, Jayanagar
Ansprechpartner: Saldanha, Leo F.
- Gemeinschaft, Gemeindeprojekt
- Umwelt- und Zukunftsforschung
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Environment Support Group is an independent not-for-profit voluntary organisation, registered as a Public Charitable Trust. Its main functions involve research, documentation, advocacy, training and campaign support on a variety of environmental and social justice issues. ESG has worked with a wide range of organisations and coalitions at the local, regional, national and international levels in a variety of collaborations.
The main functions of ESG are in the following areas:
- Research functions include a range of activities from broad-based research initiatives such as monitoring and identifying major policy and investment decisions and their impacts, to conducting specific research into individual projects to understand their socio-economic and environmental impacts.
- Documentation and Publication involves specific focus on issues of law and policy relating to Environment and Conservation. We monitor developments, investments and poli-cies by sourcing of a variety of literature (newspaper and magazines, scientific journals, company profiles, government orders, policy statements, etc.) and make it available to campaigns, training initiatives, media advocacy, lobbying, public interest litigation's (PILs), publications, etc.
- Legal Support to local communities and campaign networks to access various legally mandated avenues in ensuring social and environmental justice concerns are not compromised in decisions affecting their life and livelihood.
- Training involves development of training modules and conducting of workshops on a range of topics such as environment and social justice issues, legislation and policies, perspectives of development, alternatives, campaign strategies, etc. for a variety of focus groups at local and regional levels.
- Campaign activities involve addressing environmental and social justice concerns with local communities, the media, administration, legislature, judiciary, business community and the public.
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities. We also offer expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, deliver lecture, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.