Bringing Light into Darkness
House no 26, E1., Syed Jamal-ud-Din Afghani Road
Ansprechpartner: Arshad Khan
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
DEWAH is a Pashto language word which means lamp used for light purpose. DEWAH is a Non-Government, not for profit, development and humanitarian Organization registered in 2009.
The aim of DEWAH is to serve the humanity, development of human resources, capacity building and economic sustainability without gender discrimination.
• Social Mobilization & Community Services
• Humanitarian Response
• Emergency Response
• Community Infrastructure Development
• Peace Building Initiatives
• DEWAH is providing better health, arranging free medical camps, creating mass awareness regarding viral diseases such as Tuberculosis, Hepatitis, Blood Deficiency and mother/child health, providing vaccination and provision of clean dirking water.
• In the development of physical infrastructure and agriculture, DEWAH has enacted an important role by repairing streets, installing hand pumps, constructing toilets, providing clean drinking water, constructing drainage system, planting trees, improving irrigation systems, provision of micro credits to farmers for the purchase of quality seeds, insecticides, fertilizers and light machinery.
• DEWAH intervenes, both in situations of disaster and non-disaster for sustainable development of the marginalized population restoring their autonomy in the society.
• DEWAH´s aim is to empower women by utilizing agriculture so that their social and economic conditions can be changed.
• In Technical & Vocational Education and Training (TVET) project DEWAH simultaneously engages with donor agencies, government line departments, Agriculture Research Institute Tarnab and Agriculture University Peshawar. Through this programme farmers of FATA are given training in modern technologies.
• DEWAH also undertook Welcome to School Initiative with the financial support of UNICEF. The organization is determined to work for the welfare of the citizens of FATA and to use their potentials for promotion of peace and development in area.
Arshad Khan is the Manager Operations at DEWAH.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.