Friends of Orphans and Vulnerable Children (FOVC-Ethiopia)
P. O. Box 609, Menaharia Subcity, Zufan Building
Ansprechpartner: Desalegn Daka
- Gemeinschaft, Gemeindeprojekt
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Friends of Orphans and Vulnerable Children(FOVC-Ethiopia) is an indigenous non-profit, nongovernmental and non-political humanitarian organization founded in 2006 and dedicated to bringing hope, love and dignity to the most vulnerable children in Ethiopia particularly in southern Ethiopia.
FOVC envisions a future where children and women in southern Ethiopia live healthy, happy, and productive life.
FOVC´s mission is to educate and support vulnerable children and empower poor women in southern Ethiopia, so that they are able to overcome poverty and become healthy, responsible, productive, and happy individuals, by;
• Providing a holistic support known as "All in One Package Service" to vulnerable children. Our all in one package service mostly focuses on the children´s education and fulfilling their basic needs.
• Empowering single mother led family by equipping them with necessary business skills and initial capitals through our different projects and programs.
• Improving sanitation, personal and environmental hygiene for children and community as the whole.
• Maintaining and improving our organizational capacity of delivering quality services to the beneficiaries.
Projects and programs:
• H.O.P.E Child Sponsorship Program (Helping Orphans Prosper through Education): The program aims to empower orphans and vulnerable children who are committed to academics, but whose life circumstances put them at risk of not pursuing their education. The general objective of the program is to provide holistic supports to the children to meet their basic financial needs so that they can start and continue their education. The holistic support provided through the program includes hot meal (stipend fund), school supplies, school uniforms, school fees, hygiene care materials, and medical care.
• Widows Hope Program (WHP): FOVC-Ethiopia through its Widows Hope Program (WHP) carries four life changing projects namely: Livestock for Widows, Crops for Widows, Handcrafts for Widows and Small Business for Widows Projects.
• James 1:27 Project: The objective of this project is to empower poor family´s economy through the provision of small ruminants (goats, sheep or milk animals) so that the poor families breed the animals. Then the family will have their own income from the animals and support themselves and educate their children in their own.
• Meserete Hiwot Girls´ Education Fund: The main aim of this fund is to economically strengthen poor girls and their families through financial support and vocational trainings in order to support the process of girls´ empowerment and succeed academically in secondary schools and TVET.
• Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Project: FOVC-Ethiopia´s WASH Project strives to break the cycle of poverty by empowering women in particular and community in general through the development of clean water wells in areas of extreme need.
• Sanitation, Hygiene and Environmental Improvement Initiative (SHE-II): The purpose of SHE-II is to improve access to clean sanitation facilities (dry latrines), improve personal hygiene of children, and improving their living environment in general by building and maintaining toilet facilities and teaching the positive impact of keeping personal hygiene and environmental clean.
Desalegn Daka is the Founder and Director at Friends of Orphans and Vulnerable Children-Ethiopia (FOVC-Ethiopia).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.