Ecology Action of Texas
PO Box 1927
Austin, TX 78767
Ansprechpartner: Scott Crow
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Ecology Action of Texas was founded in 1970 as an all-volunteer group that sought to promote a variety of environmental issues, most notably recycling.
Ecology Action of Texas is a non-profit, cooperatively managed recycling and environmental education organization. Our mission is to educate and empower people to create a healthier environment through waste prevention and recycling.
In 2010, Ecology Action acquired 9.8 acres and founded Circle (A)cres in the urban heart of Austin´s Montopolis Neighborhood and launched the Table to Table Project. Table to Table collects organic waste from local residents and area restaurants which is then delivered to Circle Acre and processed into compost. Circle Acres intends to increase access to affordable, nutritious produce while providing the community with "hands on" food systems and environmental education opportunities.
We operate recycling drop-off centers across Central Texas and maintain a recycling drop-off and processing center in downtown Austin. Besides recycling and composting our work includes:
• Provide 24 hour recycling drop off
• Full service business recycling and compost pick services
• Providing educational talks at classroom and community spaces
• Consultations and waste audits to small businesses
• Conducting educational tours for kids and adults
• Full scale event recycling and compost services
• Incubating and supporting other worker cooperatives and organizations
• Customer service and education aroun Zero Waste initiatives
• Providing hands-on volunteer opportunities
• Facilitating training programs and partnerships for traditionally marginalized and differently-abled communities.
• Staffing public events throughout the year
• Providing support to other workers in labor disputes; Providing support to members of the downtown homeless population.
• Interfacing with policy makers about environmental issues in Central Texas
• Serving as a clearinghouse for information about recycling, compost, biodiesel and Zero Waste through the City´s 311 information service.
Scott Crow is a staff member of Ecology Action of Texas.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.