Kartik Shikshan Sansthan (KSS)
127/289, Juhi Bus Depot
208014 Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh
Ansprechpartner: Jai Shanker Sharma
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Kartik Shikshan Sansthan (KSS) was formed in 1994 in Kanpur, in Uttar Pradesh, India, to provide health, education and social services to the nation. Mother Teresa and her principles are the main source of inspiration of the organisation.
The main motto of the organisation is welfare for everyone.
KSS aims at the empowerment of economically weaker and socially marginalised sections of the society through capacity building of the people so they can realise their potential and bring about positive changes in their lives.
KSS has interest in women empowerment, primary and non-formal education, basic health, HIV/AIDS awareness, environment protection, self help groups, promotion of iodised salt, employment-oriented vocational training, youth development, promotion of sports, arts and culture, reproduction and child health and awareness on various social, health and current issues.
KSS is committed towards its objectives which are community development, handicap welfare, child welfare, promotion and national integration, communal harmony, brotherhood and peace, involving the youth in the income generation activities and providing them platforms to serve the community.
• HIV and AIDS: The organisation is working on two high risk groups: FSWs (female sex workers) and IDUs (injectible drug users). The major activities include awareness generation among community members, condom distribution, STI treatment facility, drop in centre, examination at ICTC (integrated counselling and testing centre), etc. The IDUs are distributed disposable syringes and needles so that they do not share a syringe and needle and thus help prevent spread of HIV/AIDS. Facilities for abscess treatment are also made available.
• Health: Health interventions are in the domain of mother and child healthcare. KSS organises health camps to facilitate vaccination of new born babies and pregnant women.
• Children´s Issues: KSS is working on Integrated Child Protection Project in collaboration with UNICEF in the slums of Moradabad district. This project aims to reduce the death rate of zero to two month old children.
• Adolescent Girls´ Issues: The girls are provided with sewing machine, scissors, measuring tape, chalk, etc. They are being trained to sew frocks, pyajamas, blouse etc. They are also given training on sewing, tanka, crochet work, etc., for their self dependence. The successful trainees are provided certificates and scholarships.
• Other Smaller Issues: Capital Investment; Eye Camps; Cancer Awareness; Senior Citizen Assistance Centre; Road Safety; National Environmental Awareness Campaign; Total Cleanliness Campaign
Jai Shankar Sharma is the Secretary/Manager of Kartik Shikshan Sansthan (KSS).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.