B/705, Ganesh Plaza, NR- Navrangpura Post Office
Ansprechpartner: Ushakant Shah
+91 79 6512 9955; +91-9825013414
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Karuna Kare Foundation (KKF) was created in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, in October, 2004, by a cancer patient who himself had experienced the trauma of this disease. KKF was started with a simple idea of creating a voluntary support group to provide emotional support to cancer patients and their families/care givers.
Our aim today is to support cancer patients socially, psychologically, financially as well as emotionally. We are a team of dedicated volunteers who strongly believe in providing love, hope and dignity to all cancer patients and their families; to empower them to fight the disease and maintain a good quality of life.
We believe, every patient is entitled to proper medication, nutritious food and freedom from constraints. We are committed to take care of the mind and spirit, while the doctors heal the body.
The vision of Karunakare Foundation is to help all cancer patients, survivors and their families. We encourage them to make the most of each day during their treatment for cancer.
We also educate the people of Ahmedabad and surrounding areas about cancer.
Our activities in this area include:
• Promoting awareness about cancer, facts about curability and non-contagious state.
• Making people aware about basic symptoms and signs of different cancers.
• To advocate that early detection is important for curing the disease, educating them about different ways of detection.
• Helping people to give up habits such as using tobacco and alcohol, which have scientific links to causing cancer.
• Educating people about insurance policies available at nominal premium for a lifetime of benefit, assisting people in being able to afford the treatment.
• Arranging preliminary free check-up camps where medical experts will also explain about cancer and its prevention.
• Celebration: Birthday Celebration: Cancer children whose birthday falls in same month get special gifts. Gifts and food packets are given to all children. Yearly we have 12 celebrations meaning that over the 8 years we have had 96 celebrations altogether. Festival Celebration: Festivals like Diwali, New Year, Christmas, Raksha-bandhan etc are celebrated. The children´s birthdays are celebrated on last week of every month.
• Educating Children: KKF has adopted about 45 child patients from inception. Currently, 3 children under adoption program and another 3 are paid for and awaiting adoption as per the instructions of the pediatric H.O.D or doctors. As we adopt the child on their recommendation.
• Toys & Books library: It has collections of toys for children aged 2 to 14 years. The collection includes educational and learning toys, electronic and battery operated toys, fun games, etc.
• Guidance to parents
• Help to needy peoples
Ushakant Shah is the Managing Trustee at Karuna Kare Foundation (KKF).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.