Sheva Nari O Shishu Kallyan Kendra
Centre For Women And Children´s Welfare
26 East Tejturi Bazar, Tajgaon
Ansprechpartner: Sayeeda Khan
- Frauenpolitik/feministisches Projekt
Sheva Nari O Shishu Kallyan Kendra is a non-governmental organization founded in 1991 to provide women in Bangladesh with the choices and opportunities they deserve.
Sheva´s mission is to support Bangladeshi women in standing up for their rights and create an environment for them to become self-reliant in society.
Sheva in Bangla means "Service". Sheva´s goal is to service women across all sectors and foster institutions to enable them to express their talents and skills to legitimize their positions in society.
• To secure and protect women`s rights in all walks of life.
• To participate in the Poverty Alleviation Program by providing women with micro-credit loans.
• To guarantee the effectiveness of micro-credit loans by providing education and training to borrowers.
• To protect garment factory workers´ rights by initiating discussions with corporate managers on social responsibility issues through training, workshops and seminars.
• To participate in advocacy campaigns for the rights of the urban poor and conduct research and develop trainings to support women´s rights in our society.
• Micro-Credit: The basic aim of the credit program is to allow women to startup income generating activities to eradicate poverty and its manifestation in hunger, malnutrition & disease.
• Education Program: Functional Adult Literacy skills to its group members; Pre school education to their children through non-formal schools.
• Training: Contents of the training covers social mobilization, credit management and gender relations. Efforts are made by Sheva´s employees to get more and more women involved into vocational training activities, like food processing, catering, tailoring, fabric decoration, handicrafts, paper packaging, nursery gardening & livestock training.
• Health Care: To improve overall health status of the poor, awareness raising training is provided on the use of safe water, reproductive health, prenatal care, antenatal care, nutrition & community mobilization for immunization.
• Day Care Service (children of working mothers.): The Day Care services include child feeding, bathing, pick up & after school service.
• Catering Services: Sheva´s catering service has been and endeavor to market the culinary skills of Bangladeshi women at a commercial level.
• Consultancies: The Consultancy department of Sheva researches on social issues and conducts evaluation studies on behalf of the government of Bangladesh and international agencies
• Advocacy and Research: Project PROYASH to resist domestic violence with a focus on dowry related violence of women. Sheva´s constituencies and strategies interventions are being developed for community-based movements against the practice of dowry and violation of human rights for dowry.
Sayeeda Roxana Khan is the Executive Director of Sheva Nari O Shishu Kallyan Kendra.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.