AYOL (Azerbaijani Youth Organization of Lithuania)
Algirdo g. 4
- Antirassismus, Integrationspolitik
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
AYOL is "Azerbaijani Youth Organization of Lithuania", organized by Azerbaijani initiative student´s group studying in Kaunas. AYOL has been established on 26th of June, 2012, with the goal to play bridge role between Azerbaijani and Lithuanian Youth. We´re aiming to unite all Azerbaijani students and young people living & studying in Lithuania. Our will is make Azerbaijani and Lithuanian youth to feel free to join us and be part of this strengthening partnership & friendship between two countries.
First Lady of Azerbaijan Republic, Mehriban Aliyeva, also the President of the Heydar Aliyev Foundation met with Lithuanian Ambassador to Azerbaijan Kestutis Kudzmanas on July 12, 2010. Memorandum of Understanding on Humanitarian Cooperation was signed in the meeting between Heydar Aliyev Foundation and Lithuanian Embassy in Azerbaijan. This agreement has served a great deal not only for first 20 students that had been sent to Lithuania in 2010, but also for the future incoming students to Lithuania from Azerbaijan. According to the memorandum, the students would be freed from tuition fees and will be able to obtain bachelor or master programs, in leading universities of Lithuania.
The aim of establishment of AYOL is to contribute active participation of youth to local and international projects and the youth of the world in our country, to arrange new projects, to attract youth position at the social works, to enlighten them, to contribute to the solution of problems that community faces, to improve well-being of vulnerable population.
AYOL has two main facets to its operations:
• Cultural relations;
• Public affairs.
In pursuit of its objectives AYOL:
• Organises meetings with interested parties, opinion formers and decision makers
• Facilitates fact-finding trips by politicians and business people
• Arranges round tables, seminars, lectures and conferences
• Publishes pamphlets, reports, bulletins, books and films.
• AYOL organized Azerbaijan On My Mind, a competition of presentations by Lithuanians and foreigners about the country of Azerbaijan.
• AYOL presented a unique project in Lithuania: an interactive flash exhibition entitled Youth Vision. Its stands featured faces of international students in Lithuania, many of them from Vytautas Magnus University.
• AYOL attended the Evening of Cultures: Members of AYOL introduced Information about Azerbaijani culture, history and traditions and tried to answer questions of participants.
• "Vilnius Catacombs" tour: AYOL and Youth Leisure Network Lithuania created an opportunity of discovering the unseen part of Vilnius history, which was always below our feets!
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.