Abaana Ba Africa (ABA) Foundation
P.O. Box 70592; Clock Tower, Queen´s Way,
Ansprechpartner: Dr. Kiyimba Joseph
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Spirituelle Organisation
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Abaana Ba Africa Foundation (ABA Foundation), founded in 1998, is a Non Governmental and Non - Profit Organization registered under the laws of Uganda.
The objectives of ABA Foundation is helping people live better life and to promote the socio - economic welfare of the vulnerable communities especially the destitute children, orphans, widows, disaster affected people and poor families affected by HIV / AIDS among others.
As a Christ-centered community, we embrace historic Christian liturgy and pentecostal fervor. We hold in tension a call to spirit-filled living and social renewal. Our four-fold mission is to evangelize, educate, emancipate and empower in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ through loving, lifting and liberating humanity.
Uganda has been through several humanitarian crisis including civil conflict, food crisis, floods, refugee influx, persistent droughts, human trafficking, HIV/AIDS pandemic etc. This has left the people in Uganda in great need of resources, including medical resources to help with the major effects these crises have had on the overall health of the nation.
• We strive to provide them with relief items and material support in form of clothing, mattresses, blankets, food aid, safe drinking water, medication, wash rooms, shelter among others.
• We offer scholastic materials to needy school going children such as uniforms, books, pens, pencils, tuition fees, shoes, sanitary pads, school bags etc. We are also a voice to the voiceless in a bid to seeking justice and promotion of Human Rights.
• We equip these vulnerable groups with vocational training skills to enable them earn a living. Recent research indicated that 89% of refugees and people staying in internally displaced camps engage in prostitution which has led to an increase in HIV / AIDS scourge in the area. The vocational training centers are meant to empower them, fight poverty and combat the spread of HIV / AIDS.
• We empower women, youth, children, widow, widowers, refugees, disabled and elderly through capacity building. We run bible colleges, home care bay and rehabilitation homes. We do training, counseling, teaching, evangelism and missionary work among others.
• We raise awareness in the communities against HIV / AIDS and other killer diseases. We also promote awareness among communities by running development programs to fight house hold poverty and promotion of income generation projects at homestead level.
• ABA Foundation Bible College: ABA Foundation Bible College is a school to equip believers with the word of God. ABA Foundation Bible College offers certificates, diplomas, bachelor degrees, master degrees and doctorate degrees that are awarded under the IABI name. The goal of ABA Foundation Bible College is to equip the saints unto the work of ministering the word of God to others. The goal of our students must be the same.
• Industrial Training – Social-Economic Empowerment of Youth: To empower youths especially the school drop-outs with technical and vocational skills for their social-economic transformation and to fight house-hold poverty.
• Volunteering Opportunities at ABA Foundation in the area of health care, education and community development.
Dr. Kiyimba Joseph is the Executive Director of the Abaana Ba Africa Foundation (ABA Foundation).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.