PO Box 362
Figtree NSW 2525
Ansprechpartner: Rob Mitchell
- Hilfe für Entwicklungsländer
- Frauenpolitik/feministisches Projekt
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
The indigo foundation, founded in 2000, is an independent Australian community development organisation providing effective and innovative assistance to improve the lives of people in marginalised communities in Australia and around the world.
We empower local communities to access resources, and have control over the decisions that determine their basic needs and human rights. We do this by providing financial and technical support to local not for profit and community-based organisations, with a particular focus on local capacity building.
Guided by the principles of community ownership, sustainability, transparency and equity we work with community based organisations to effect real change. We listen to the needs of the community and work with them to develop programs in education, public health and capacity building. Our aim is to empower communities to access resources, and have control over decisions that determine their basic needs and human rights. We do this by providing financial and technical assistance.
Currently support projects include:
• Afghanistan, Borjegai: Schools Project: We have provided project management support, funding for salaries of professional teachers and the purchase of school textbooks and stationery materials, support for the construction and furnishing of school buildings.
• Afgahanistan: Women´s Education and Empowerment Project
• Indonesia, Rote: We currently support programs in education, health, food security, and the transmission of cultural knowledge.
• Solomon Islands, Weathercoast: Training in agriculture, joinery, building, mechanics, sewing, home management, food, nutrition and literacy was offered for local youth who had been excluded from the education system.
• India, Madhurantakum, Tamil Nadu: Program for Education and Awareness Building
• Uganda, Budaka: Orphans and Vulnerable Children project
• Australia, Nyirripi, Northern Territory: Cultural Strengthening project
Rob Mitchell is the General Manager of the indigo foundation.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.