" Letnikovskayastr 11/10, building 5"
Ansprechpartner: Natalia Alekhina
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Antirassismus, Integrationspolitik
Perspektiva is a Russian disability non-governmental organization (NGO), founded in March of 1997. From 1994-1997, Perspektiva served as the representative office of the World Institute Disability (WID), a US-based NGO. Perspektiva aims to promote independence and an improved quality of life for persons with disabilities in the Russian community.
Since 1997, Perspektiva has worked with disability activists in more than 30 NGOs from different regions of Russia and the former Soviet Union
• to strengthen disability organizations,
• empower young people with disabilities to become active members of their communities,
• advocate for the rights of people with disabilities,
• raise awareness in the community about disability issues and
• promote inclusive education and open market employment.
• Inclusive Education: Perspektiva and its partners have been at the forefront of the movement to promote inclusive education in Russia. They conduct disability awareness trainings in mainstream schools, provide support and training for parents, educate communities — professionals, officials and activists — about inclusive education practices and other related disability issues, and have worked within the judicial system to ensure the rights of children with disabilities to an education.
• Advocacy: Together with its regional partners, Perspektiva has established a network of legal and social advocates on disability issues from 28 regions of Russia. Perspektiva educates youth with disabilities and their parents about their rights and provides free legal advice on issues of education, employment and accessibility (more than 80 per month). Perspektiva´s lawyers have been developing new legislation to guarantee the rights of children with disabilities to an education in mainstream schools.
• National Disability Advocacy Coalition: For more than 10 years, Perspektiva has been developing and coordinating a network of disability NGOs. Network activities include developing and leading joint advocacy and public education projects, sharing curricula and training materials, and providing a forum for members to learn from each other’s experiences. Currently, network members in 28 cities of Russia are implementing joint projects to promote inclusive education, inclusive employment, access to sports and equal rights for persons with mental disabilities.
• Employment: Perspektiva is committed to equal opportunities in employment, and works with both people with disabilities and employers to promote better integration in the workplace. Since 2003, Perspektiva has been providing employment services: consultations for people with disabilities about job opportunities and legislation; skills training for job seekers; consultations and training for employers on legal and access issues and how to support and accommodate a person with a disability in his/her new position.
• Public Outreach: As part of its efforts to increase public awareness of disability issues and improve attitudes toward people with disabilities and their full integration into Russian society, Perspektiva has worked with the media at the local and national level, produced and broadcast public service announcements on national and regional television and radio stations, and published a variety of informational and advocacy materials. To reach a broader audience, Perspektiva and its regional partners have held five Breaking Down Barriers International Disability Film Festivals since 2002.
• Sharing Information: Since 1996, Perspektiva has continuously published newsletters and digests that today keep thousands of disability and other NGOs and media throughout Russia informed about project activities and news. Perspektiva´s web-site, which has been visited by over 1 000,000 people, provides comprehensive and current information about disability issues. A listserv "Inva-info" provides a venue for sharing information about disability issues. Perspektiva currently produces digests for parents of children with disabilities and teachers who are interested in inclusive education..
Natalia Alekhina is a Fundraiser of Perspektiva.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.