Union of Non Governmental Organizations (UNGO)
P.O.BOX 6075; Sabasaba, Regional CCM building
Ansprechpartner: Joseph Saqware
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Union of Non Governmental Organizations (UNGO) is an umbrella organization responsible for initiating and strengthening collaboration, cooperation and networking amongst its members by facilitating capacity building, coordination of Lobbying and Advocacy and linking with external like-minded organizations.
It is an umbrella organisation with total 156 autonomous NGOs within Morogoro Region. UNGO was founded in January 1998 but gained legal status in 2000.
UNGO has developed a Five Year Strategic Plan (2008-2012) with five main objectives:-
• To empower UNGO members and Networks to implement their mandates
• To facilitate and strengthen information management in regional and district levels.
• To facilitate linkage of District members with District Networks
• To facilitate linkage with government and other stakeholders.
• To strengthen UNGO SECRETARIAT capacity for effective and efficient services to its members
The following projects have been implemented:
• Information Resource Centre - Following activities/services are available: Training; Information dissemination; Internet – Access; Conference hall
• Public Expenditure Tracking Systems in Education, Health and Agricultural sectors in Kilombero, Kilosa, Morogoro rural, Morogoro Municipality and Mvomero (Morogoro region), Kilindi (Tanga), Njombe and Iringa urban (Iringa).
Dr.Joseph Saqware is the Executive Secretary of UNGO.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.