Ethnocultural Diversity Resource Center
Ansprechpartner: Levente Salat
- Gemeinschaft, Gemeindeprojekt
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
The Ethnocultural Diversity Resource Center is one of the successor organizations of the Open Society Foundation Romania, Cluj Branch. Its activity is based on the experience gained in the past years in managing programs in the field of interethnic relations.
The mission of EDRC is to contribute to the construction of democracy in Romania, by improving the country's interethnic climate and promoting the principles of ethnocultural peace and justice. The Center's activity is of relevance for the efforts Romania has made to align European values, especially in the context of the European Union's enlargement to Eastern Europe. EDRC manages a considerable number of programs in the field of interethnic relations, by supporting and implementing projects and initiatives directed towards various aspects of accommodating ethnocultural diversity: research on common history, cultural exchanges, socio-demographic databases, community-level interethnic relationships, good governance of multiethnic communities, publications, etc.
- To provide a more favourable climate for interethnic relations in Romania;
- to increase participation and visibility of ethnic minorities in the public sphere;
- to provide support and assistance for minority NGOs;
- to support interethnic partnerships;
- to promote interethnic dialogue;
- to promote public policies that accommodate the ethnocultural diversity of Romania;
- to provide research and documentation and to monitor ethnic relations in the country;
- to cooperate with local authorities in promoting the interests of ethnic minorities;
- to initiate programs in partnership with the public authorities with a view to
accommodating ethnocultural diversity;
- to promote the principles of good governance in multiethnic communities.
Levente Salat is the President of the organization.
For other net participants we can offer expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, deliver a lecture, procure an expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.