Watoto Wetu Tanzania
P.O. Box 10169;Kimara Suka, Opp. Mavurunza Catholic Church
Dar es Salaam
Ansprechpartner: Evans Melkion Tegete
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Watoto Wetu Tanzania is a local, non-profit and non-governmental charitable organization. It was founded 16th of June, 1998 by Evans Tegete. The organization was registered to take care of orphans, street children and marginalized children, Trafficked children and youth, domestic workers, bar maids, girls involved in commercial sex, early forced marriages and drug abusers aiming to provide them not only with good education but also trying to meet their emotional, social and material needs.
To enable individuals and society take responsibility for the future into their own hands and live independently.
Watoto Wetu Tanzaia is committed to provide relief to orphans and vulnerable children of any race or religious belief through provision of quality education, awareness raising, capacity building and other basic needs in collaboration with governmental institutions, non - governmental organizations, international organizations and individuals.
• To create awareness to the societies in Tanzania on matters related to disadvantaged children.
• To assist vulnerable children by counseling, sheltering, training, parental guidance, psychological support and other related support for the view of enabling them to become self- reliant.
• To discover talents of the children and develop the same in a manner beneficial to them and the organization.
• To incite disadvantaged children a sense of being part of the community by assisting them morally, psychologically and materially to realize their dream goals and prepare them to be patriotic.
• To contribute in the national efforts of protecting vulnerable children and strive in creating a society that cares for vulnerable children.
• To assist children who are HIV/AIDS victims through counseling, health/medical and legal support in their lives in accordance to the laws of the State.
• To work with the government and other stakeholders in ensuring that children and youth are protected from marginalized practices and given full support in their growth and development.
• To undertake researches, survey, consultancies and outreach services which are useful for implementation of the aims and objectives of the organization.
• Non Formal Education: Nursery School, Qualifying Test (QT), Computer Courses, English Courses, Form Four Repeaters, Tuition Classes for Primary, Ordinary Sec level and High School level.
• Workshops, Seminars and Campaigns: Training workshop on Child Rights Advocacy, Life and Facilitation Skills, workshops and seminars on Human Trafficking, Reproductive Health, Seminars and Campaigns on HIV/AIDs and Malaria, training on Entrepreneurship and Training of the Trainers (TOT).
• Volunteer Project: Services for volunteers: Placement of work, Hosting Homes, Orientation (Induction), Tour Guiding, Planning for their Work and Duties, Work Camps with local and international Volunteers, Provision of Swahili Lesson to international Volunteers, and Cultural Exchange Programs with Local and International Volunteers.
Evans Melkion Tegete is the Founder & Managing Director of Watoto Wetu Tanzania.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.