Sylhet Jubo Academy [SJA]
House # 20/A, Main Road, Block-C
Ansprechpartner: Faisal Ahmed
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Sylhet Jubo Academy (SJA) a not-for-profit and non-political development organisation, was emerged in August 1991 by a small band of philanthropists and social workers, led by Faisal Ahmed. This nomenclature signifies a working and learning centre for youths of Sylhet (one of the six divisions that locates north-east of Bangladeh) and in that way the organization made its appearance with youth training activities in order to develop young people´s skills and thereby flourishing their economic prospects.
• SJA is committed to establish well organized community of healthy and literate individuals who are both motivated and empowered to develop/improve their socioeconomic status.
• SJA deals with people in distress, who are poverty stricken, socioeconomic ally marginalized, illiterate, disables, discriminated due to gender, creed, ethnicity and so and thereby excluded. Women and children, the most vulnerable group of the population, are the primary concern of SJA.
• SJA desires to help people in rediscovering/regenerating their hidden potential by promoting human rights, dignity, gender equality and creating healthy living environment.
• In the complex process of human development SJA remains open in learning and sharing of knowledge and skills, in partnership building with organizations, Government institutions, development partners for being ever unsaturated in the development process.
• SJA upholds humanity and gives importance to and values human potential and discourages any sort of sectarianism.
• Health: Maternal Child Health & Family Planning, Reproductive Health Service Delivery, Community Clinic Operation and Management
• Water and Sanitation: Sanitation Development Project, Village Sanitation Centre, Safe Water Supply, Advancing Sustainable Environmental Health (ASEH)
• HIV-AIDS: HIV and STI Prevention, Essential Services to Street-based and Hotel-Residence based Female Workers, Empowering Communities in the face of HIV/AIDS through STAR
• Disability: Community Based Rehabilitation, Promoting an Inclusive Environment for Deaf Children and Youth, Creating Awareness and Inclusion Opportunities for Deaf Children, Removing Cultural Barrier and Promoting Rights of disabled persons
• Gender and Human Rights: Gender, Knowledge, Networking and Human Rights Intervention, End Violence Against Women
• Good Governance: Ensuring Access to Justice for poor and disadvantaged people, Prevention of Trafficking and Migration, Awareness and Campaign
• Education: Family Life Education for Adolescent Girl / ECCO, Non-Formal Child/Adult Education, Functional Education, Especial Education for Disable Children
• Water Resource Management: Awareness Rising and Campaign, Resource Management, Training
• Youth Development: Skill Development Training, Self Employment
• Climate Change: Campaign
A. H. M. Faisal Ahmed is the Executive Director of Sylhet Jubo Academy (SJA).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.