Young Peace Brigades
P.O. Box 30604 KIA
Ansprechpartner: Zuberu, Rashid
- Gemeinschaft, Gemeindeprojekt
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
Young Peace Brigades is a volunteer based organization oriented, controlled and financed by volunteers. The organization began in 1999 but started full operation in 2002 around the thought of Rashid Zuberu and Kwame Anane Frempong, social activist and volunteers from Ghana. The organization is present in Europe and Africa. Its positive approach, its upbeat outlook, and its commitment to creating a more optimistic future for children, youth, women, men and mankind is what differentiates Young Peace Brigades from any other volunteer opportunity. Communities in Ghana, Togo, Benin and other countries throughout West Africa have been touched by the powerful, positive force of Young Peace Brigades voluntary activities.
From sponsoring and building a school, advocacy campaigns on human rights and gender empowerment for women, HIV/AIDS programmes, community renewal and building, peace education, employable skills for youth, the organization is responding to the special needs of its local communities. Although Young Peace Brigades comes from all walks of life, it shares one common trait. It knows that its can make a difference in the lives of others especially in the remotest parts of Ghana and it hopes to duplicate the effort in other parts of West Africa and Africa as a whole.
The mission of Young Peace Brigades:
- What ever we do we make a difference in the lives of others. The statement is one that reminds us of our commitment to work with poor and marginalized people to eradicate poverty by overcoming the injustice and the inequality that causes it,
- Young Peace Brigades believes in the value and strength of the youth. It is therefore committed to a youth centered development approach in all its thematic areas,
- Young Peace Brigade believes in partnership for sustainable development. It works through its committed volunteers, members of the communities its partners, ensuring capacity building whenever necessary for effective and efficient delivery services. Advocacy on contemporary development issues as well as adopting a right based approach to development for communities is a priority.
Rashid Zuberu is the Chief Executive Director of Young Peace Brigades.
For other net participants we can procure expert information, deliver a lecture and establish new contacts in the field of our work.