York House, 207-221 Pentonville Road
N1 9ZN London
Ansprechpartner: Sarah Marzouk
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
Five organisations in Canada, Colombia, Kenya, India and the UK set up HelpAge International 1983 to provide a strong network to support older people worldwide.
HelpAge International helps older people claim their rights, challenge discrimination and overcome poverty, so that they can lead dignified, secure, active and healthy lives. We do this by lobbying governments to achieve policy change, and through practical projects on the ground. Our work is strengthened through our global network of like-minded organisations – the only one of its kind in the world.
We believe that the contribution older people make to society is invaluable. Yet older people remain some of the poorest and most neglected in the world. We are committed to helping them claim their rights, challenge discrimination and overcome poverty.
We work with our partners to ensure that people everywhere understand how much older people contribute to society and that they must enjoy their right to healthcare, social services and economic and physical security.
• Enable older men and women to have secure incomes.
• Enable older men and women and those they support to receive quality health, HIV and care services.
• Enable older men and women to actively participate in and be better supported during emergency and recovery situations.
• Build global and local movements that enable older men and women to challenge age discrimination and claim their rights
• Support a growing global network of organisations to work effectively with and for older men and women
How we work:
• We put older men and women at the heart of our work, involving them in programme design, implementation and review.
• We work in partnership with like-minded organisations.
• We provide services where governments are not.
• We respond to emergencies quickly and effectively.
• We develop ways of improving older people's lives by monitoring our programmes.
• We persuade policy makers to address ageing issues.
We worked in 41 countries with 80 affiliates and 180 other partners across all continents.
Sarah Marzouk is the Online Communicator of HelpAge International.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.