Kyosiga Community Christian Association for Development (KACCAD)
KACCAD – TOGETHER AS ONE
P.O Box 23751
Ansprechpartner: Derrick Luwaga,
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Kyosiga Community Christian Association for Development (KACCAD) was registered in Uganda as a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) in 1994.
Our mission is to raise the living standards of the underprivileged people in Wakiso District through the provision of ongoing HIV/AIDS, health and education support, vocational skills development, and start-up resources for income generation.
• Women, youth and OVCs in Wakiso Sub-County and surrounding communities will have increased access to quality HIV/AIDS counseling and testing and health related education and support services.
• At least 550 presently out of school OVCs in Wakiso district and surrounding communities will receive school sponsorship and education support.
• Low-income earners, HIV/AIDS infected and affected families, teen mothers and people with disabilities living in Wakiso District will have increased access to skills development opportunities and income generation projects.
• All resident in Wakiso District will have greater access to safe water and sanitation improving overall community health.
• At least 3 Orphanages affiliated to KACCAD will have access to enough infrastructure, food security, scholastic materials and other basic necessities met.
• Beaded craft making project as a widow group initiative
• Orphaned and vulnerable children´s program: KACCAD supports two local orphanages which serve hundreds of local children affected by HIV/AIDS and extreme poverty.
• Health Institutional Support program: KACCAD provides various forms of support to two institutions namely: Bbira Health Center and KACCAD Medical Center (located in Lusaze slum area)
• Energy saving program: The program focuses on briquette making and use of highly energy saving rocket stoves.
• Home visits program
• Let there be light Bulenga Project: Let There Be Light International distributes low-cost/high-impact solar lighting to vulnerable people living in Energy Poverty. Our goal is to replace dirty, dangerous, and costly kerosene and biofuel lighting with clean, safe, renewable solar lighting. Let There Be Light International works with KACCAD to provide solar lighting to school children, AIDS widows, the homebound elderly, and teachers.
• Family planning and Reproductive Health Project
• Chicken Project
• Education support program: With support from donors international friends, KACCAD has been able to provide school fees to orphaned children who could not otherwise afford to attend school. These children have all been orphaned as result of HIV/AIDS.
The projects support our goal of improving the standard of living of its members through supporting income generating activities, skill development, youth education, health care access and sensitization.
Derrick Luwaga is the Executive Director at Kyosiga Community Christian Association for Development (KACCAD).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.