National Awqaf Foundation of South Africa
P O Box 96415, Brixton 2019
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
Awqaf SA was pioneered in 2000 as an independent community-based and owned trust, dedicated to the establishment of the institution of Waqf and the empowerment of communities. A Waqf (plural: Awqaf) is a voluntary, permanent, irrevocable dedication of a portion of ones wealth – in cash or kind – to Allah for his pleasure that is assigned for servicing the community. Awqaf SA is a charitable endowment (waqf) receiving organization. It invests endowment funds and spends only the income generated from investments to fund a variety of community development projects and programmes promoting Integrated Community Development and Self-Reliance.
To be the leading civil society waqf / endowment institution in Southern Africa having the best financial and human capital asset base providing cutting-edge value-adding initiatives and services to empower people and communities and excelling in all that we do with the highest standards of ethics and integrity.
• Development & popularization of the waqf system and mobilization of waqf funds as means of providing sustainable funding solutions
• Mobilisation, training and engagement of volunteer human resources for community service
• Initiation and/or contribution to worthwhile sustainable community development and poverty alleviation projects and programmes
• Cooperation, Partnerships & Working Unity
• Promotion of Self Reliance
• Effective Corporate Governance
• Holistic view of Community Development
• Being Proactive and Relevant
• Learning Organization
• Service to all irrespective of creed or colour
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.