Youth With A Focus Teso (YWFT)
P.O Box 201 Soroti; Plot 17, Popatlal Road,
Ansprechpartner: Mary Apolot
+256 (0) 787354515; +256 787889109
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
WSSCC member Apolot Mary, Executive Director of Youth With a Focus Teso (YWFT), a national NGO in Uganda, led a two-day campaign in October that brought together representatives of government, media, civil society and the local community to promote safe menstrual hygiene for women and girls in rural Uganda.
The campaign sought to educate and empower primary school girls in the Ngrora District, located in the eastern region of Uganda, to help reduce the number of school days missed during menstruation, tackle misconceptions and address the issue of affordability of sanitary products.
During these two days, training on family planning and on menstrual hygiene management was provided and girls and women were encouraged to play a more active role in breaking the taboo and stigma surrounding menstruation by learning, speaking about the issue and demanding their rights.
Youth With a Focus Teso (YWAFT) is an indigenous charitable Community-Based Organization (CBO) established in Uganda with a legal license and agreement documents in the year 2014 by volunteer youth to contribute to the process of restoring hope and economical empowerment to the youth who are considered unproductive or insignificant and don’t make the best use of the time and abilities in the community and who have good ideas but are unable to showcase them.
To transform by inspiring youth throughout the Teso region and Uganda as a whole to drive a new era of development, growth and productivity.
To train, equip and empower youth towards developing self-sustaining capacity and ability to improve their livelihood
We aim to promote more stable, fairer and more prosperous world and combat poverty . Providing support and capacity building for vulnerable youth and marginalized people.
• Conserve the environment: We have Volunteers on environmental conservation projects do hands-on work which has a direct impact on the preservation of environments around the Youth in Teso.
• Developing the Youth: Develop youth’s physical, mental and financial capacities with particular emphasis on poverty
• Build up life vocational skills: Our Projects on entrepreneurial skills to train youth for self-employment in carpentry, tailoring and garment cutting, agribusiness skills, poultry farming, piggery and etc
• Promote youth and girls: Educate the youth an sexual and reproductive health through capacity building especially on matters related to menstrual hygiene, teenage pregnancy, sexually transmitted infections and HIV/AIDS.
• Promote advocacy: We promote advocacy for women and girls rights in the community whilst upholding gender equality.
• WASH project: We work to implement the various WASH target programs to promote good health practices and effective health development activities.
Mary Apolot is the Executive Director of Youth With a Focus Teso (YWAFT).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.