Mandur, (Via) Virgonagar, Bangalore East Taluk
560049 Bangalore, Karnataka
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Vidyaranya is located at Mandur, Bangalore East Taluk of Bangalore Urban District. It is a non-profit making and secular development organization which was started by like-minded people in 1991.
The non-profit organization entered this field with an objective to help downtrodden and needy so that they can also step up with everyone. Our dedication and appetite to work in the interest of society has obtained us the complete trust of many people who really need help to become self dependent avoiding any kind of disability or deformity they are challenged with.
To work with marginalized sections such as women, children, aged etc of the society towards their empowerment and enable them to evolve a vision of an alternative society including alternate models of social and economic relations and alternate development paradigm.
• Rehabilitation Centre for Women (SWADHAR)
• "Spruthi" Residential School for Mentally Retarded Children
• Daari Deepa Special School for Visually Challenged Children
• "Hosa Belaku" & "Gandhi" Home for the Aged
• Open shelters for street children
• Rainbow home for vulnerable girl children
• Shelter for urban homeless
• Urban Deprived Children (UDC) project for children in crisis
• Avakasha residential special school for Mentally Retarded Children
• Vidyaranya residential special school for Mentally Retarded Children
• Missing Children Bureau
• Apart from these activities, we have been involved in other areas of development such as Agricultural, Water Issues (Community Based Approach), Women Empowerment, Dalits and Tribal Development, Education, Health, Cultural Programme, Trainings, Promotion of SHGs, Small Family Norms, People´s Organization, Environment, Ecology, Child Care, Yoga Activities.
• Ujjawala Programme: "Ujjawala" (means lighting a lamp in one´s life), a centrally sponsored programme in Bangalore Urban district. This project related to combating trafficking. This programme has been focusing on four components such as Prevention, Rescue, Rehabilitation and Reintegration.
M.C.Ramesh is the General Secretary of the Vidyaranya.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.