Anti-Corruption Trust of Southern Africa
357 Visagie Street, Cnr Prinsloo Street
Ansprechpartner: Maigurira, Ernest, Dr.
- Gemeinschaft, Gemeindeprojekt
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
The organization's main objectives are:
- to promote efforts made by the Southern African Development Community (SADC), the African Union (AU), the United Nations, SADC member states and other bodies in preventing, detecting, punishing and combating corruption in a more effective and efficient manner,
- through training, information and legal advice to empower SADC member states, anti-corruption bodies, civil society organizations, business sector and communities to prevent corruption and related offences in the public and private sectors,
- to investigate, document and publicise acts of corruption in the public and private sectors,
- to lobby for the ratification of important anti-corruption instruments/treaties by SADC member states and to bring national legislation and policies into conformity with the same,
- to facilitate the sharing of information and expertise on anti-corruption strategies, reports, policies and legislations between and among SADC member states and other relevant stakeholders,
- to support efforts by each SADC member state to recover property (assets of every kind, whether corporeal or incorporeal, immovable or movable, tangible or intangible and legal documents or instruments evidencing title to or interests in such assets) accrued by public officials and others through acts of corruption,
- to monitor the accumulation of wealth and assets by public officials.
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities. Also we can offer expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, deliver a lecture, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of poverty eradication and asylum seekers. Other support possibilities: Networking and exchange programmes and capacity building