Association of Health, Food, Nutrition and Dietetics (AFND)
#10, Kutty Street, Nungambakkam
600034 Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Ansprechpartner: Dr. Vaishnavi
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Association of Health, Food, Nutrition and Dietetics (AFND) is a registered non-governmental organization started in 2012. AFND now focuses around all the aspects of human and environmental health. We strongly believe that a sustainable environment is a key factor in altering human health.
To empower the interlinking of food, nutrition and dietetics that promotes optimal health for all.
• Enhance awareness and the relevance of professions in the fields of Food, Nutrition and Dietetics
• Engage professionals in an active learning-teaching environment, aspired by a close collaboration with members in other areas of expertise, with an ultimate focus on transforming lives through sound nutrition care
• Promote and safeguard the interests and goodwill of all its members.
• Better network for greater collaboration: By interlinking persons from different areas of expertise in food, nutrition and dietetics, we initiate dialogue and exchange resources that can further improve the standards of nutritional care.
• Standardized resources for better accuracy
• Research opportunities for growth
• Translating research findings
• Policy making: changing the face of health for a nation: With food, nutrition and dietetics playing a crucial role in health, our expertise can help in formulating nutritional policies.
• Better educational material
• Advocacy: Interface with stakeholders and media on the healthcare-related facts and evidences, through debate and dialogue on various forums, so as to create/modify nutritional policies in the state
AFND works in the area of public health through the following strategies:
• Health promotion
• School Children: Government School Talk: On Behalf of AFND, our president gave a Nutrition talk to female students aged between 10-12 years at Ashok Nagar Govt. Girls School
• Nutrition Book: AFND translated the research to daily life through a Nutrition book that was developed based on 12 years of research with specific focus on pediatric nutrition.
• Old Age Home: We cater to the needs to old-age people who are the roots of this society. Our activities include nutrition consultation, and mid-day meals to senior citizens.
Dr. Vaishnavi is the Manager of Communication & Dissemination at the Association of Health, Food, Nutrition and Dietetics (AFND).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.