Palestinian Family Planning and Protection Association (PFPPA)
P.O.Box 19999; Al Akhtal Alsagheer St., Wadi Al-joze
Ansprechpartner: Amina Stavritis
- Frauenpolitik/feministisches Projekt
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Palestinian Family Planning and Protection Association (PFPPA) is the first specialized Palestinian NGO in the field of Sexual and Reproductive health. PFPPA was established in Jerusalem in1963 and enjoying a full membership of the International Parenthood Federation (IPPF).
Mainly, PFPPA provides various services in sexual & reproductive health where it offers training for young leaders and staff from other governmental and non-governmental organizations. Moreover, it provides, inter alia, unique medical services in:
• women health,
• laboratory tests,
• awareness raising,
• advocating women rights,
• conducting applied research and
• organizing lobbying and advocacy campaigns to influence the national policies.
• The Palestinian Family Planning and Protection Association aims to improve the quality of life for Palestinian people through provision of high quality of SRH services including the underserved areas.
• We aim at improving the knowledge and life skills of all young men and women in SRH; in recognizing their SRH rights and a life free of violence and discrimination.
• We support the right of women to choose the number and time of safe pregnancies as well as a safe abortion for medical reasons.
• We seek the elimination of sexually transmitted infections and to avoid the spread of HIV/ AIDS.
• We aim for stakeholders to be advocates for sexual and reproductive health rights, and to strengthen partnership with other organizations.
• All Palestinian young people are aware of their well being and are prepared to make informed decisions and choices regarding their sexual and reproductive health.
• Reduction in the incidence HIV/AIDS in Palestine and the full protection of the rights of people infected and affected by HIV/AIDS.
• All Palestinian women, men including young people, especially in the under-served areas have access to a comprehensive quality sexual and reproductive health services and are able to practice their reproductive rights.
• Recognition of woman´s right in Palestine to have access to information and health education on dangers of unsafe abortion, and methods of prevention to reduce its incidence1.
• Strong public, political and financial commitment in Palestine to and support for sexual and reproductive health and rights at the national and international level.
Amina Stavritis is the Executive Director of PFPPA.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.