Hope in Life Foundation
P.O. Box 61045
92602 CA Irvine
Ansprechpartner: Rupsi Burman; Preeti Sinha
- Frauenpolitik/feministisches Projekt
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
HOPE IN LIFE FOUNDATION is a US charitable organization, founded in 2013 and based in Irvine, Orange County, United States. The organization was set up to empower abused women, especially victims of domestic violence, to gain confidence, respect and dignity through self discipline, training and education.
To establish a world free of gender discrimination and abuse; a world where woman and children will lead extraordinary lives and make positive impacts in the communities they live in.
The organization was born after research on Intimate Partner Violence (IPV) in the Orange County, California, USA. It not only works with victims but attempts to create awareness about different types of abuse via its programs as seen below.
The organization has a 2 prong approach to end violence against women:
1. Proactive and preventative approach - Hope in Life Foundation has developed classroom programs where children are engaged in discussions on the value of love and respect. They learn how to identify bullies and end bullying. Research reveals that bullying is causally related to IPV. Via this empowerment technique, the organization helps to build and maintain aware, informed and stronger communities.
2. Reactive approach - The organization helps victims by directing them to shelters and places where the abused can seek legal and other help. This type of support is offered 'after-the-fact'. Hope in Life Foundation currently does not have a shelter and may not have one in the future since it operates to 'end violence before it begins' model.
Abuse can be both physical and emotional. Emotional abuse is hard to pinpoint and sometimes even harder to recover from. Physical abuse leaves traces of the abuser on the victim´s body thereby making it easier for people to see. Verbal or non-verbal abuse is harder to detect and rescue. The psychological damage that comes along with either type of abuse makes it tougher on the victims. This organization is focused on restoring self-esteem in women and children who have been abused. The programs are structured to let go of the ´victim´ in the person(s) and empower them to start leading a life of respect and dignity.
HOPE IN LIFE FOUNDATION works on the principle of freedom and respect. Every human being deserves respect irrespective of gender, caste, creed, color and race. Sometimes a second chance is all that people need to break out of their ´victim´ mindset and do extraordinary things.
1. Engages with school children to create awareness in the community Children make awareness videos and also raise funds by selling hand-made products;
2. Engages in the community to show how art and media can empower men and women in abusive situations.
3. Engages in Live conversations with women from all across the globe to collect and analyze data with regard to violence against women;
4. Engages as a Cooperation Circle (CC) of UNITED RELIGIONS INITIATIVE MULTI REGION Chapter, a global grassroots organization to end religiously motivated violence against women;
5. Engages as a Council of Organization (COO) with UNITED NATIONS ASSOCIATION Orange County Chapter to work on worldwide peace activities.
6. Currently raising funds to develop a device that has the potential to save lives in the US;
7. Currently raising funds to develop smart phone apps that have the potential to save lives of teenage children
8. In the near future have a WALK-IN Center for abused men and women who seek help to end IPV.
Rupsi Burman is the Founder & CEO and Preeti Sinha is the Communications Director of HOPE IN LIFE FOUNDATION.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.