LIG -156 , 2nd Road 6th Left KPHB Colony
500072 Hyderabad; Telangana State
Ansprechpartner: Neelima Mohanty
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
DESIRE Society is a non-profit voluntary organization registered in year 2005 in Hyderabad. The organization is functioning with an objective of health development and well-being of children infected and affected with HIV and AIDS in India while having presence in Hyderabad, Bangalore, Mumbai Vizag and Delhi by reaching up to 800 children. The main focus of the organization is to provide institutional care homes for the children abandoned and orphaned by HIV/AIDS.
Mission & Vision
The mission of DESIRE Society is to improve the lives of people struggling with the impact of the HIV/AIDS pandemic, especially children and women. We provide shelter, food, treatment, education and psycho-social support to help these victims achieve their full life potential.
Our vision is to reduce the stigma and discrimination associated with HIV/AIDS and to reduce the death cases among the people living with HIV/AIDS in India.
Our Aim is to reduce the spread of HIV and meet the challenges in the field of AIDS. We are committed to preventing HIV infection, facilitating access to treatment, care and support and lessening the impact of AIDS.
• To reduce the morbidity and mortality of the CLHAs (Children Living with HIV/AIDS) is the main objective of this project.
• To offer stigma free voluntary counseling and treatment facilities for CLHAs
• To help PLHAs in antiretroviral (ARV) drugs from Govt & monitor them for drug adherence.
• To support orphans and vulnerable children infected and affcted with HIV/AIDS by all means.
• To offer quality health care for Opportunistic Infections (OIs), it helps CD4 cell growth in HIV+ lives.
• Institutional Care Home: This project aims to effort for the health development and well-being of Children Living with HIV/AIDS (CLHAs). Goal of the project is to make these children happy as long as they can live on this earth by providing comprehensive care under institutional care centre.
• Child Nutrition and Health Care: Aim of this project is to increase the immunity levels of the children by offering them proper nutrition and health monitoring. The goal is to expand the life expectancy
• Summer Camp: Summer Camp is an annual social event with a complete fun based recreational gathering which is meant exclusively for children suffering with HIV/AIDS in India.
Ravi Babu is the Founder and Director and Neelima Mohanty is Head Communications at DESIRE Society.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.