F-2 First Floor, Lado Sarai
New Delhi 110030
Ansprechpartner: Amit Sinha
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Established in 2003, Jamghat comprises of young adult professionals and volunteers with a variety of skills and experiences. We are a registered NGO that aims to rehabilitate children living and working on the streets of Delhi. Jamghat offers opportunities for street children and society to come together and make a positive change in each other’s lives. Jamghat provides an opportunity for children to leave the streets, be educated and receive vocational training while sharing their stories with volunteers. These volunteers come to offer guidance, care and organize empowering workshops for the children.
Through Theatre, Nightwalks, a Residential Home and Day Care Centre, the goal of Jamghat is to build respect for street children within society until the ‘street’ identity is removed and the children are active participants in a world that previously chose to ignore them.
Our Mission: Provide an environment where street children can evolve as physically and emotionally healthy, self-dependent individuals, living a life of their choice.
Use street and stage theatre to nurture self confidence in the children and build awareness in society on key social issues related to street children.
• Provide a healthy residential programme to children without a safe home or family
• Encourage and support reconciliation with families whenever possible
• Connect street children and the larger population through volunteerism
• Build volunteer and staff capacity to understand and address issues concerning street children
• Create an environment where street children are respected as individuals working for their livelihood
Amit Sinha is the Director of the organization.
For other net participants we can offer expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.