Moving the Goalposts Kilifi (MTG Kilife)
P.O. Box 605
80108 KILIFI, i
Ansprechpartner: Margaret Belewa
- Gemeinschaft, Gemeindeprojekt
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Moving the Goalposts, Kilifi (MTG) was registered in 2002. MTG was founded on the belief that a new approach– using football to tackle gender disparities in education, health, leadership roles and employment– would be able to get to the heart of some of the problems faced by girls and women in Kilifi.
To strengthen the voice, impact and influence of girls and young women by providing opportunities for them to play football, take on leadership roles, learn about their rights and how to claim those rights, with a focus on sexual and reproductive health and choice.
• Promoting football for girls
• Developing leadership through football
• Providing reproductive health and HIV/AIDS information and services
• Providing economic opportunities
• Promoting access to education
MTG empowers the girls and young women through football and several other educational and developmental projects.
• Community service: Award scheme programme; Community service activities such as tree planting, clean ups at health centers, markets, chiefs camp and football fields, assistance in orphanages.
• Football: It acts as a mobilising force to bring girls together and has the potential to build collective power for a marginalized group. In MTG girls also build their own skills: they organize and officiate all MTG matches, tournaments and leagues. They represent the organization in local, national and international meetings.
• Health & education: Peer led health project; Counselors; Mobile video shows; Vocational training and start up capital for small business, MTG assists girls to access sponsorship.
• Monitoring, evaluation & research
• Network & exchange: MTG is a member of the Streetfootballworld Network, Sport for Social Change Network and MTG also links with many partner organisations.
Margaret Belewa is the Programme Manager and Acting Executive Director (March – May, 2012) of Moving the Goalposts Kilifi (MTG Kilifi).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.