Girl Child Network Worldwide (GCNW)
4 West Road
SS0 9DA Westcliff-On Sea,Essex
Ansprechpartner: Betty Makoni
- Frauenpolitik/feministisches Projekt
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Betty Makoni founded the Girl Child Network in Zimbabwe in 1998. In 2009, she set up Girl Child Network Worldwide (GCNW) with the support of international partners in UK. GCN is a community-based organization that champions the rights of girls and trains them to learn and defend their rights.
The main goal of GCN is the empowerment of the girl child as well as the eradication of all forms of abuse and practices that impede the full physical, emotional and spiritual growth and development of the girl child. GCN uses a human rights-based approach to address gender inequalities in education and in all social, political and economic spheres of life.
We believe, that when girls receive fundamental support and encouragement from each other, gain an education, and learn their legal and human rights, they overcome a range of challenges, growing to fulfill their potential as human beings and as young leaders.
Every day, personal disasters affect girls in homes, schools and communities the world over. Often, they need only a bit of money to pick up the pieces and move on.
Activities of CGNW:
• GCNW mobilizes girls into school clubs that enable them to learn their rights, prevent sexual violence and harassment, and become self-confident leaders.
• GCNW builds empowerment villages, integral centres for victims of sexual violence that provide medical, legal and educational services as well as access to police protection. We help to transform girl victims into survivors and leaders.
• Girls Empowerment and Education Fund benefits girls around the world who don’t have money to carry out their uplifting projects. The fund will be the first to support proposals. We provide small grants for GCN clubs and self-help projects to enable girls to survive.
• Girls’ Empowerment and Educational Fund responds to crisis situations where girls’ futures are at risk.
Girl Child Network Worldwide is the only organization to give general support funds to individual girls in communities where they lack the financial and human resources to mobilize and organize.
GCNW needs volunteers for its work.
Betty Makoni is the Chief Executive Officer of Girl Child Network Worldwide.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.