Single Mothers Association of Kenya (S.M.A.K.)
P. O. BOX 75603 City Square, Kinyanjui Street
Ansprechpartner: Daniel Manyasi
- Gemeinschaft, Gemeindeprojekt
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Frauenpolitik/feministisches Projekt
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Single Mothers Association of Kenya (S.M.A.K.), a Kenyan Community Based Organ (C.B.O.) with its headquarters in Nairobi City.
In the year 1991, after having worked for ten years as a volunteer with different organizations and then being a single mother for 13 years, I realized the need for a forum of young mothers—a meeting point to discuss and share their day-to-day challenges and seek for solutions.
This idea borne Single Mothers Association of Kenya (S.M.A.K.) From a youth guiding and counseling facility we have grown to serve both health and educational needs of the surrounding communities in Nairobi´s Eastlands and also spread to the Western region of our country. Our vision is to get ourselves to the position of micro-financing women and youth causes country-wide.
• Riziki Academy: Day-Care; Baby Class; Nursery (Porridge, hot-lunch, fruits and laundry provided)
• Vocational training: These trainings are open to 18 year olds and above, that are through with their primary schooling,
• Tailoring / dress-making: Courses offered ( Theory and practicals for one year)
• San Antonio Catering School: Cookery, Food Production, Nutrition, House-keeping, Home-Management, Child-Care, First Aid, Laundry, Hygiene
• Certified Computer Proficiency Training
• Metal-Work/Artisan Course
• Free Voluntary Counselling and Testing of H.I.V./AIDS
• Women Economic Empowerment Programmes: Urban & Peri-urban Mixed Farming, Fish-Farming, Green-Hse Farming, Kitchen-Garden, Poultry-Keeping
• Art & Craft Gallery
• Girl Up Club
• Carrier Corps Commonwealth Cemetery Conservation
• Cottage Industry Promotion: Yoghurt-making, Needle-work, Weaving, Bead-craft, Basketry
• Pending Projects: Block A - Primary Education; Block B - Secondary Education; Block C - Higher Education
• War Museum & Dag Hammmerskjold Peace Gallery
• In-door Games Sports Arena
• Amphi-theatre: Music, Dance and Drama, Recording Studio, Broadcaster:- Audio - Radio Lessons (friendly to braille Users) and Virtual - Silent ´Sign-language´ TV
• Virtual School / Open College: Distance Learning, On-line Education
• Free activities: Games Cub; Music & Drama Club; Writers Club; Wildlife Club; Racing Club; Cookery Club; Debating Club, etc
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.