Journalists's Club Asparez
Trdat Chartarapeti 12/12
Ansprechpartner: Akobian, Nadia Nadezhda
The Journalists' Club Asparez (Arena) is a non-governmental, non-profit organization, founded in Jan 18, 2000, in Gyumri (NW Armenia, Shirak district, 1988 earthquake zone), Armenia. Founders are professionals with journalistic experiences in the field of media. JC Asparez NGO consists of 15 working journalists' members, the office works 24 hours a day.
Journalists' Club "Asparez" is sure that Speech and expressing freedom is a real and absolute value and it makes all the efforts to protect it whole the period of it existence.
Its mission is:
- protection of Freedom of Speech, interests and rights of journalists,
- holding special courses and experienced exchange programs about journalistic and close professions (camera-man, editor, TV editor, commentator-broadcaster, computer-operator, translator, etc.),
- holding competitions of mass media and journalistic works,
- informative, technical and other supports and assistance to Gyumri's and visitor- journalists,
- polling, analysis and publishing to the quality of works of the mass media, political, non-governmental organizations, government and its representatives,
- organize the base for young-journalists' studies,
- organize the free-ingress to Information Centre & Information Agency ,,ASPAREZ" for journalists and for all interested sides,
- printing periodical about journalistic interests, for instance-a magazine. Summaries of ,,ASPAREZ" club activities, journalistic creations denied in other medium and other materials including public interest will be in it.,
- publishing activities. Professional literature, guidebooks, maps, test-books (questionnaire) and so on, which will provide the development of journalism and close professions,
- organizing high school for the journalists (school of super journalists, surviving school, school of universal journalists).
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities and establish new contacts in the field of our work.